Rebelious Lightbringers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars: Rebelious Lightbringers Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ranger Builds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 18th 2008, 12:26 pm

TRAPPER:

Profession: Ranger/Any

Name: Sin Trapper (my ranger's IGN is Sinthea)

Type: PvE Farming

Category: Trapper/Farmer

Attributes:
Expertise 14 (11 + 3 Superior Rune)
Wilderness Survival 16 (12 + 3 Superior Rune + 1 Traveler's Mask)
Marksmanship 9 (6 + 3 Superior Rune)

Skills Set:
Distracting Shot (Expertise)
Whirling Defense (Expertise)
Dust Trap (Wilderness Survival)
Barbed Trap (Wilderness Survival)
Flame Trap (Wilderness Survival)
Apply Poison (Wilderness Survival)
Oath Shot {Elite} (Expertise)
Troll Unguent (Wilderness Survival)

Summary: This build is to farm solo with. I farm Trolls, Ettins, Losaru, Minotaurs, etc. with it, basically any melee-based opponent. The idea is to set up traps (between 1 set and 3, depending on how tough the "farmee" is), apply your poison, then pull using Oath Shot. Tab/space to get as many poisoned as you can while they are coming in.The mobs run in, get jacked up by all the traps, and flee. While they flee, with your newly recharged traps thanks to Oath Shot, lay some more. It's probably about time to apply your poison again as well, and make sure everyone gets their doses. Use Whirling defense any time you feel the need, although with Dust Trap usually it's not critical. Keep in mind that Oath Shot recharges all skills, so if you are about to use an Oath Shot and haven't yet used Whirling, you may as well hit Whirling while firing the Oath Shot, as it will be back instantly anyway. For enemies such as Avicara and Losaru that have Pure Strike/Seeking Blade (attacks that will hit you while in Whirling), wait until they run up to you, and Distracting Shot their respective skill. Of course, Distracting Shot is also handy in case you have any pesky healers around.

Notes & Concerns: Using 3 Superior Runes gets your health low, so this build is to be used carefully. You must always be aware of your aggro bubble, and your surroundings. I offset the health hit by a Grip of Fortitude.

Also, I use Poisoner's Strings on the 2 bows I use with this build - 1 longbow, and 1 shortbow. Use the longbow for the initial Oath Shot, and switch to the shortbow as the enemies converge on you.

If you know you are going against an enemy that may give you trouble, hit Troll Unguent after the traps go off to buffer any damage you may take.

found this build on GURU forums
Back to top Go down
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 18th 2008, 12:34 pm

Anti Caster :

The Heist's Anti-Caster build:

Squishy-Killer or Caster-Killer

R/whatever you want

Type:Can be used in PvE, PvP. PvP includes 4v4, GvG and 8v8, optimal in GvG and 8v8.

Skills
Punishing Shot [e]
Savage Shot
Hunter's Shot
Debilitating Shot
Read the Wind
Troll Unguent
Whirling Defense
Res Signet

Attributes
Marksmanship: 12+3
Expertise: 11+1+2
WS: 8+1

General Information and Tips:

Short bow is suggested, as the quicker firing rate may help with interrupts.

basically a general interrupt build. use Read the Wind to get your interrupts in as quickly as possible. use Debilitating shot whenever you can to lower your target's energy, but keep a watch on your own, since Punishing Shot, Debilitating Shot and Savage Shot all cost 4 energy. spamming these out as often as you can will leave you grasping for energy. a Zealous bowstring would be advisable...

Whirling Defense is to be used as soon as you come under concentrated attacks. back off and try to kite your targets around until they either lose intrest or target your teammate...or until you die. Razz

Debilitating shot can be switched out with another skill, preferably another stance like Lightning Reflexes or Dodge.

Concerns:
Use Hunter's Shot as much as possible and other interrupts less; the pause after the shot leaves you quite vulnerable. for about 2 seconds you can't do JACK. not even move.

This build CAN NOT take concentrated fire. Troll Unguent is not enough to defend against any sort of attack, and therefore monk support is an absolute necessity. i'm working on keeping this build alive....but as of now i haven't found a good healing skill in the ranger primary or a good healing skill in any other possible secondary for that matter. any possible suggestions would be appreciated.

Just remember These are builds that you can modify if nessescary, depending on where you are. So use and build on it to make it your own
Back to top Go down
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 18th 2008, 12:52 pm

SKILZ LISTS:

There are more than one place to see the list of all ranger skills so I will post the links here:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill/class/5-ranger

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger

More to come , this is a good start tho

Useful Armor Info:

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armor
Back to top Go down
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 30th 2008, 12:08 pm

Good Ranger Run Build

Profession: Ranger/Anything

Name: Ranger Running Build

Type: Strictly PvE. Please don't use this in PvP XD.

Category: Running Build

Attributes:
Expertise: 12+1+3
Wilderness Survival: 12+1

Skills Set:
Dodge
Escape [Elite]
Storm Chaser
Dryder's Defenses
Lighting Reflexes
Whirling Defense
Troll Unguent
Antidote Signet

Other Skills
Pin Down
Charm Animal
Ignite Arrows

Summary:
What is 'this' ranger running build? It's a build for basic running to anywhere, using only ranger skills. Does this mean I'd be able to run to Droknars?! No XD. Well, yes, but you must use the warrior's Balanced Stance. This build is Strictly for Rangers only as it only uses Ranger skills.

How does this build work? Your workhorse here is Dodge and Storm Chaser. You use Storm Chaser for just running 25% faster and Dodge for dodging monster arrows, running 33% faster, and making up for the cooldown of Storm Chaser. The other skills, Dryder's Defense, Whirling Defense, and Lightning Reflexes are used when you are either crippled or slowed down by a hex. Are the monsters you are passing using elemental skills? Use Dryder's Defense. Melee Attacks? Whirling and Lightning. If you are cripple or bleeding there is a useful skill called antidote signet; use it. Troll Unguent when you're health is low or when you are about to go into a challenging mob.

Other skills? Pin Down, Charm Animal, and Ignite Arrows. Use Pin Down on the annoying Drake that keeps chasing you. Do you have a pet that would make a pretty good scapegoat? Use your Charmed pet as bait; let the monsters kill him while you get away. Sadistic isn't it? Ignite Arrows. Imagine this: You are running a group of Characters to Lion's Arch for the very first time. You are confident and have all of your skills ready. Now you get to the ice cave. Oh no! You have been trapped by those fat butt Mountain Trolls. But you remember Chris_nin00's Running Ranger Build, word by word, and being the smart person you are, you figure out how to get out of this predicament. Ignite Arrows, and scatter them like mice! Thank you AoE update. /salute.
Why is this build used? To make money by running people to places they've never been too. You could also explore running. Other than that, be creative.
'But there is nothing else you can do with a running build, except Griefing!'
Who said that?!

Notes & Concerns: I haven't played PvP for the last few weeks. I went back to my PvE players and saw something. I'm out of money! NOOO! So I thought about ways to make money. Dancing? Too boring. Pimp? My ranger is ugly. Scamming? Not in my life. Trapping? Feasible. Running? Easy cash. So now I'm serving the PvE community. Aren't you all happy? Okay on to the meat.

I shall start with Pros and Cons this time
Pros:
-Can run anything, anywhere.
Cons
-People will hate you for doing this in PvP.
Not much going on except running. Enjoy.

TY GURU
Back to top Go down
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 30th 2008, 12:27 pm

The Fireslinger

Originally Published by Inde

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Profession: Ranger/Elementalist

Name: The Fireslinger

Type: General PvP/PvE

Category: Damage Dealer

Attributes:
Fire Magic: 8
Expertise: 10+3+1
Wilderness Survival: 10+3
Marksmanship: 8+1

Skills Set:
Dual Shot
Quickshot *Elite*/ Greater Conflagration *Elite*
Kindle Arrows
Conjure Flame
Favorable Winds
Whirling Defense/Hunter's Shot
Troll Unguent
Res Sig

Summary: The Fireslinger uses preps, spirits, and enchantments to deal a massive amount of damage in one hit. What are the preps, the spirits, and the enchantments you ask? Kindle arrows, favorable winds, and Conjure flame; in this build that is +36 damage to your attack. Do that with dual shot and you'll be one happy ranger. How do we do this? Here's how
Battle Preperations: Quickshot or Greater Conflagration? Your choice. Want more defense? Greater conflagration. Want more attack opportunities? Quickshot. Choose to fit your playing style. Once you got it down and tweaked your build you are all set.
Battle! Pick a camping spot, a place where you'll most likely stay, then set up Favorable Winds and Greater Conflagration if applicable. When the enemy comes close enough, use Conjure flame and Kindle arrows. Be careful here; any enchantments on you before conjure flame will be lost when you use conjure flame. Now pick a target, preferably a squishy. Here's the attack order.
Dualshot---->Quickshot---->Normal Shot(Hunter's shot)---->Quickshot---->Dualshot---->Quickshot---->etc.
In shorter terms, use quickshot after every normal cast time shot. Remember to use Kindle arrows and Conjure flame when need to apply. Whirling defense when under attack. Troll Unguent to heal. Res sig when someones dead. Moving on.
PvE! Yes, a PvE section. Not much to it though. You don't need to bring whirling defense or troll if you have a monk. Make sure there are no monsters that have a defense bonus against fire; bring winter if so. Just set up camp and play.

Notes & Concerns: This build is very cool to do. It's nice to imagine the look on the opponents face when they see big numbers flash over their characters. Is this build right for you? Lets take a look at the pros and cons
Pros
-Substantial Damage.
-Easy to set up and play
-The build is flexible and can be worked around easily
-Relies on many factors. If your opponent takes out favorable winds, you are still in business.
-Great Conflagration=Great Defense
-Great in PvE and PvP
Cons
-Not good against other rangers. Rangers have better defense against elemental attacks.
-Energy denials will eat you alive, like spirit shackles *sighs*. This build needs energy all the time.

I know you like this build. Now go out and have some fun with it. Good luck.

See you on the battlefield
-Chris_nin00

Credit:
GwG Ranger Subforum Posters
Guild Wars
The people I have beaten with this build
AND
ME! Chris_nin00

These are the builds i think are worth wild to have as a ranger the other builds rely to much on the secondary prof, I just think whats the use just make the secondary your main then Smile

Quick I am going to try out all these builds and add the one I used in the pvp with you. and see if I can't make a combo of all to make the perfect ranger build
scratch albino cheers pirat
Back to top Go down
Gom Stuke

Gom Stuke

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds EmptyJuly 31st 2008, 8:57 am

The Raptor Farm just outside Rata Sum is a great place to do a quick and profitable farm, while Ele's and 55's seem to have the market cornered on solo farming, here is one a ranger can do all by themselves and make some good loot, even in Normal Mode, not to mention the Asuran points you can farm.

OgETU5LjFiu4u0tkUE1Q4w3IAAA

1) Gladiators Defense
2) Dwarven Stability
3) Optional Damage deal, heal, stance, or armor increasing enchant (Great Dwarf Armor)
4) Same as 3
5) Throw Dirt
6) Whirling Defense
7) Troll Unguent
Cool Heal Sig

Expertise 12+1 (or more depending on your weapon)
Wilderness Survival 2
Tactics 12

I carry a +20e +20% enchant staff and a axe/shield combo for armor

You can probably use a +20e staff or less if you want to sacrifice some health for more expertise

I use the staff for energy, then switch to the Axe/Shield for more armor/health while they kill themselves attacking me.

The Dwarven Stability makes the Glads last longer, much longer than I need to kill the group as they do 29 damage everytime I block their attacks. You just stand there like Sliver Armor, and they kill themselves when they attack!

It takes about 2 mins a run and you get lots of drops!

Good Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranger Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger Builds   Ranger Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranger Builds
Page 1 of 1